Allows customers to specify the desired quantity or number of a particular option they want to purchase. This is useful for products where customers may want to purchase a specific quantity of a particular item, for example, the number of tickets or candles to buy with a birthday cake.
For the Quantity option type, admin can set a price per quantity or a flat price regardless of the quantity entered.
Note that this refers to the quantity of the specific option, not the main product quantity.
Option Settings #
- Option name: Give your Quantity option a unique internal name, which will also be visible to your customers. Ensure that different options in the option set have distinct names.
- Option label: Add a label that is visible to your customers such as “Quantity”. Option labels can be the same or different for various options in the option set.
- Quantity option label: Add a label for the thing you need to measure its quantity, e.g.: “VIP Ticket”, which is visible on the storefront.
- Required: Make the Quantity option a mandatory field if you want, ensuring customers select a date before adding the product to cart.
- Hide option label: Hide the option label if you want to show the Quantity option label only.
- Add price: You can set a price for each or any quantity entered, and after customers enter their desired quantity, the cost for the total quantity will be automatically calculated and added to the cost of the main product.
- Min value – Max value: Set the minimum and maximum values for the quantity that customers can enter.
- Column width: Adjust the width of the Quantity option area if you want, choose from 25-33-50-66-75-100%.
- Placeholder: Add a short text inside the quantity field when no quantity is entered yet. For instance: “0”.
- Help text: Provide additional instructions or information for customers, such as the price per quantity, minimum and maximum values that are validated.
- Info: Create an informative tooltip that appears when users hover over a small icon, providing more context or assistance.
- Condition logic options: Implement conditional rules that control when the Quantity option should appear based on user selections or other conditions. This makes the app more dynamic and tailored to individual users. It’s worth noting that if the Quantity is the first option in your option set, setting conditional logics for it won’t be possible. To set up the condition logic for your Quantity, follow this guide.
Need Assistance? #
If you run into any challenges while configuring your custom options, feel free to reach out to us for assistance through our convenient in-app live chat, by submitting your request via our contact form, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help!